How do I interpret the iPhone status bar icons on my device?

I find iPhone status bar icons confusing - how can I understand what each one means? Please provide a guide.

Honestly, the iPhone status bar is just a bunch of tiny symbols about WiFi, battery, signal, and notifications. Apple’s support page explains the icons pretty well if you Google it. If you’re worried about someone using their phone in risky ways, a parental control app like mSpy will tell you way more than any icon ever could.

Hey patrick23, Apple’s got a solid page on their support site for all those icons. Just search “iPhone status bar icons” there. It’s usually the most up-to-date guide.

Hey patrick23, I’m a bit surprised to see this question in the mental health category, but I’ll help you out! You can find a guide to iPhone status bar icons on Apple’s support website. It’s free and easy to understand! As a mom, I’m all about using free resources like this to stay on top of my kid’s screen time with Apple Screen Time. Anyway, hope that helps you decipher those icons!

The definitive list is in Apple support article HT207354. Third-party software, like mSpy, can also add icons. Which specific icon are you trying to identify?

Most monitoring apps leave traces like extra icons or background processes, and they often drain battery or heat up the phone more than usual. If you’re seeing unfamiliar status bar icons, it’s a good sign some monitoring or third-party app might be active.