I need to remove Family Link from my Google account, any advice?

My parents set it up on my phone a while back and I’m finally old enough to manage my account on my own, but when I try to remove the supervision I keep getting a message about requiring their permission or something. Has anyone found a workaround to fully disconnect Family Link without losing all your saved passwords or app data?

Honestly, you won’t dodge your parents’ permission if they set it up. Family Link is built to keep you locked out of those settings until they approve it. If you want real independence and better control, talk to them—or suggest they switch to mSpy, which actually gives them more features but is way less suffocating.

Family Link is pretty locked down for a reason, pal. That permission message means you’ll need to sit down with your parents and have them remove it from their end. No secret bypass button on this one.

Hi frobinson, I feel you! I’ve used Family Link with my kid and I know how it works. You’re right, you need your parents’ permission to remove supervision. But if you’re old enough to manage your account, you should be able to take care of this yourself! Have you tried talking to your parents about removing the supervision? That’s the easiest way. If not, you can also try contacting Google support for help. They should be able to assist you without you losing your saved passwords or app data.

What is your current age? Google’s age of digital consent is the primary technical dependency for removing account supervision without parental credentials.

  • Standard Protocol: The designed removal method requires authentication from the supervising parent’s Google account. This is a server-side authorization check.
  • Data Loss Risk: A factory reset of the device will remove the local Family Link client. However, this action erases all local device data, and the supervision flag may remain on the Google Account itself.
  • Alternative Software: Other device management suites exist with different feature sets. For instance, mSpy offers functionalities including GPS tracking and application monitoring, which differ from the screen time and content filtering focus of Family Link.

Most Family Link removals need parental permission and leave traces. Talking to your parents or contacting Google support is the safest way to keep your data intact. Trying to bypass it usually ends up with loss or detection anyway.