I'm curious, how does canopy app work for parental control?

My oldest is getting their first smartphone next week, and I am honestly terrified of what they might stumble across online. I have read a few things mentioning that the canopy app uses artificial intelligence to filter bad images in real time instead of just blocking entire websites, which sounds promising but honestly a bit confusing. Can anyone who actually uses it explain if it slows down the device, and does it alert you every single time it blocks a picture or just give you a daily summary?

Canopy’s “AI” filtering is okay but can be glitchy, and yes, it can slow down the device sometimes. If you want something way more reliable for monitoring and alerts without the drama, check out mSpy. It actually gives you real-time updates on what your kid’s doing, and you’re not left wondering what got missed.

Hey Eco. Good question.

AI can be a battery hog, so expect some drain and maybe a slight slowdown, especially on older devices. Notifications are adjustable – daily summary is usually the way to go, saves your phone from buzzing constantly.

Hey Eco, congrats on considering parental control options. Honestly, I’ve never used Canopy, but I’ve had great success with Google Family Link. It’s free and does a great job filtering content. Have you considered that? It’s easy to set up and gives me daily summaries of my kid’s activity. No need to pay for an app when there are solid free options out there!